Friday, November 6, 2009

La Tienda News -- Business Profile #5

Business: Gene's Sandwich Shop
Location: Building A
Owner: Gene

(Q) Tell me about your business (experience, dream, vision, etc.)?

(A) I have always been involved with the food industry. It supported me through college, raising a family of four and eventually enabled me to open my first restaurant in Eldorado. Food has always been an inspiration, a comforter, an educator and a great means by which I met, interacted and developed great, long lasting relationships and acquaintances with a variety of people with different and similar cultures and ideas. One of my dreams has been accomplished by opening my first restaurant. There are still many more floating around but what is really exciting is my concept that the strength of vision creates and supports the births of dreams which then allows us to help, support, and encourage our brothers and sisters whom we refer to as community.

(Q) Why did you choose to open your business in Eldorado?

(A) I have had a business in Eldorado for 1 1/2 years and have truly developed this love and joy for the people.I have not always felt this secure--after I accepted the business offer in Eldorado I immediately had questions of "what am I doing?"-It's sooo far out there,will there be enough support?.Am I crazy? The result is that Eldorado chose me and I have only found encouragement, support, eagerness and love from such a diverse and willing community.

(Q) How do anticipate interacting with the community?

(A) I will and have supported the community by sponsoring events, donating cash and gift certificates,and supporting the school by purchasing ads through their programs. Advertising in the Eldorado Studio Tour pamphlets and being involved with community events. With the new business in La Tienda, I will continue this support with a bit more intensity and will become involved in more events and programs as they develop and require more attention.

(Q) Is La Tienda's vision of community service important to you and why?

(A) La Tienda's vision for the community is the best fertilizer for children, teenagers, and adults alike. La Tienda will be developing, strengthening, and supporting the infra-structure of Eldorado and the surrounding communities which creates the "full circle cycle." We support the community and the community supports La Tienda. We assist the community and in turn we will get assisted. We support the leaders and in turn we will become leaders. It's a beautiful win win situation.

(Q) What makes your business unique?

(A) The uniqueness of the sandwich shop will be it's affordability, flavors, and a BIG-O-SMILE !!My hope is to create a fun, social, comfortable place to eat and hang out or you can just eat it and beat it !

(Q) How long have you lived in Eldorado or what is your connection to the Eldorado community?

(A) I do not live in Eldorado and truly enjoy the drive in from Santa Fe but that is not to say that if the opportunity presents itself, I wouldn't refuse. Now that I think about it, I think that I can possibly say that I live in Eldorado due to the fact the I spend 12 to 16 hours here a day!

(Q) Any other thoughts or comments?

(A) THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to Steve, Destiny, Josh and all the people and circumstance along the way that have brought the three of you to Eldorado and into my life.My soul and spirit have risen and my stomach is smiling!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment